Accounts Payable Specialist
Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts and perform various duties related to the financial reporting process.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Originate and verify incoming/outgoing wires, prepare the wire log.
- Prepare and analyze the institutions Cash Position daily.
- Order the cash for the institution on a weekly basis.
- Manage the Control log, which includes tracking of all reconciliations due and generating notices when they become past due.
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations and assist with monthly close processes.
- Provide assistance and prepare weekly/monthly reports in a timely manner.
- Manage the institutions fixed asset inventory.
- Maintain all prepaid accounts.
- Report, reconcile and monitor backup withholdings for reasonableness and prepare required form 945 to government on annual basis.
- Respond to information requests and assist with audits as needed.
- Perform general office support such as scanning and other administrative tasks.
- Back up to the Accounts Payable Specialist as needed.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner and exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization inside and outside the work environment.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of Management and Department staff.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, U.S. PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: A minimum of a two-year degree with an emphasis in accounting is preferred.
Experience Required: At least one year of related experience.
- Must have a basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite productivity tools.
- Possess the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must exhibit a willingness to accept responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Must be detail oriented.