Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts and correspondent cash for Generations Bank.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the institutions corresponding accounts , which includes preparation of general ledger entries, balancing account daily and ensuring proper cash draw-downs are processed.
- Prepare various daily reconciliations and general ledger journal entries.
- Originate and verify incoming/outgoing wires, prepare the wire log.
- Prepare and analyze the institutions Cash Position on a daily basis.
- Order the cash for the institution on a weekly basis.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports.
- Report, reconcile and monitor backup withholding's for reasonableness and prepare required form 945 to government on annual basis.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including, but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, US Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements.
- Back up to the Accounting Team as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Position:
Educational Requirements: Minimally High School Degree or equivalent. A minimum of a two-year degree with an emphasis in Accounting is preferred.
Experience Required: At least one year of related experience.
- Must have a basic understanding of accounting principles
- Possess the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Willingness to accept responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize duties
- Proficient in use of the Internet, Microsoft Office and other current technology.