Accounting Specialist l
Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts and correspondent cash for Generations Bank and Generations Agency.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile the Agency operating account and create entries for commissions received and expenses.
- Prepare accounts payable invoices and employee reimbursements with corresponding general ledger codes, obtain approval, issue checks and scan documentation.
- Reconcile the Agency Trust Account, notifying agents of missed sweeps, underpayments, over payments and NSF checks. Issue checks to Insurance companies upon deposit verification.
- Originate and verify incoming/outgoing wires, prepare the wire log.
- Prepare and analyze the institutions Cash Position on a daily basis.
- Order the cash for the institution on a weekly basis
- Manage the Control log which includes tracking of all reconciliations due monthly within policy time frames and generating notices when they become past due.
- Produce monthly rental invoices and track received payments.
- Prepare various daily reconciliations and general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports.
- Report, reconcile and monitor backup withholding's for reasonableness and prepare required form 945 to government on annual basis
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including, but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, US Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Position:
Educational Requirements: Minimally High School Degree or equivalent. A minimum of a two-year degree with an emphasis in Accounting is preferred.
Experience Required: At least one year of related experience.
- Must have a basic understanding of accounting principles
- Possess the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must exhibit a willingness to accept responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize duties
- Should be proficient in use of the Internet, Microsoft Office and other current technology.