Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts and correspondent cash.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Originate and verify incoming/outgoing wires, prepare the wire log.
- Prepare and analyze the institutions Cash Position daily.
- Order the cash for the institution on a weekly basis.
- Manage the Control log, which includes tracking of all reconciliations due and generating notices when they become past due.
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations and assist with monthly close processes.
- Provide assistance and prepare weekly/monthly reports in a timely manner.
- Manage the institutions fixed asset inventory.
- Maintain all prepaid accounts.
- Report, reconcile and monitor backup withholdings for reasonableness and prepare required form 945 to government on annual basis.
- Respond to information requests and assist with audits as needed.
- Perform general office support such as scanning and other administrative tasks.
- Back up to the Accounts Payable Specialist as needed.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner and exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization inside and outside the work environment.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of Management and Department staff.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, U.S. PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: A minimum of a two-year degree with an emphasis in Accounting is preferred.
Experience Required: At least one year of related experience.
- Must have a basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite productivity tools.
- Possess the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must exhibit a willingness to accept responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Must be detail oriented.