Business Development Officer
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to originate first mortgage for real estate loans for in-house and secondary markets. Set up loans to be processed and underwritten. Assume certain administrative duties as assigned by the senior management team. Solicit residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and developers, as well as through leveraging of internal lines of business. Negotiate terms and conditions of loan with mortgagors. Call on potential or existing customers as assigned to develop new business or retain existing business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be required to successfully register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLS) and obtain unique identifier through the registry that is provided to consumers in accordance with all SAFE Act requirements. In addition, must successfully renew registration with NMLS annually. Maintains and updates personal registry information as necessary to include name changes, employment changes, etc.
- Originates real estate loan. Pre-qualifies customers for loans by interviewing the applicants to obtain biographical and financial information.
- Reviews loan in process and determines their status.
- Reviews supporting incoming exhibits, credit reports, appraisals, etc.
- Pre-underwrites loans by matching information on the application with the requested data. Reviews the credit report and income documentation by following program guidelines and loan policy.
- Maintains professional relationships with real estate affiliates and participates in selected community activities to increase the visibility. Develops new business opportunities in addition to furthering his/her personal development. Demonstrates a working knowledge of secondary market guidelines and products as related to mortgage lending his/her personal development.
- Explains and cross sells various bank services available (e.g., checking, savings, insurance, investment, automatic loan payments, etc.) to customers. Meets all goals and objectives regarding all of the above.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of secondary market guidelines and products as related to mortgage lending.
- Updates product knowledge of secondary market guidelines and products as related to mortgage lending.
- Participates in all required training. This may include seminars, meetings, videos, etc. in areas including but not limited to, orientation, product knowledge, technological/computer, regulatory/compliance, and interpersonal/supervisory training.
- ALL Loan Originators/BDO’s have the ability to do any Small Business Lending, either directly, or by referring to a Commercial BDO.
- Actively participates in determining an individual training and development plan each year via the organization’s Performance Planning and Appraisal process. Follows this plan diligently as resources are available.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering,
U.S. PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures, and Privacy/Confidentiality requirements.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Requirements of Position:
Educational Requirements: Associates Degree is preferred. Minimally, a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience Required: 2-3 years of mortgage origination experience.
- Must be self-motivated, tech savvy and possess a pleasant personality.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations with customers
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with all of the banks products and services, the banks’ lending policy, and state bank and Federal regulations.
- Effective analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PC skills to include Word, Excel, and Outlook