Commercial Credit Analyst
Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
Facilitate the Commercial lending activities of the bank through timely and thorough analytical work. Ensure analytics employed are appropriate, well balanced and stress tested. Substantiate that loan structures, collateral packages, covenants, guarantees, strengths, weaknesses and risk ratings are appropriate relative to the risk present. Comply with all applicable bank, lending policy and regulatory requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete underwritings on new, increased and modified loan requests.
- Complete annual reviews/renewals and extensions on existing borrowing relationships.
- Complete interim analysis, covenant checks, financial statement spreads and other related requests.
- Manage and/or assist in portfolio management requirements such as; upcoming loan maturities, the financial statement collection process, covenant tracking, exception tracking, delinquency process, floor plan management, extension and annual review tracking, pipeline reporting, risk rating change reports, NACIS coding and reporting and quarterly criticized and classified reports.
- Maintain assigned departmental policies, procedures and practices. Assist in or provide training and support to applicable parties for proper adherence. Comply with all departmental, bank and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the resolution of and response to applicable Compliance, Internal Audit, Loan Review and Regulatory findings.
- Assist in the proper administration of credit and legal file record keeping, maintenance and retention.
- Maintain self current and be a subject matter expert in all areas of responsibility, such as; underwriting and spreading applications, other analytical tools, industry trends, commercial underwriting and risk management techniques and bank and regulatory oversight requirements.
- Maintain and or exceed all service, turn around and quality standards for workflows assigned.
- Function as back-up for collateral and note documentation preparation, commitment letter preparation, collateral perfection and renewals and other associated work flows handled by the Commercial Administrative and Note/Documentation Specialist.
- Function as temporary back-up for the Commercial Credit Department Manager and Administrator.
- Departmental or inter-department projects.
Requirements of Position:
Educational Requirements: Four Year College degree in related field or directly equivalent work experience.
Experience Required: A minimum of one year commercial credit underwriting with a commercial lender or provider.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Commercial & Industrial, Investor Real Estate and Agricultural lending.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting methodologies, loan structuring and regulatory requirements.
- Strong ability to interpret and extract pertinent analytical insights from financial statements, tax returns, projections, cash flows and other disclosures.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, written and oral communication skills. Possess the ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees, staff, management, vendors and customers/prospects.
- Ability to be proactive and positive in a constantly changing and highly regulated environment.
- Good knowledge and proficiency level with automated underwriting tools such as SageWorks and MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Detail-oriented and efficient, with strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
- Contribute to building a positive company spirit, display passion and optimism, inspire respect and trust, and uphold the company values.