Commercial Credit Documentation & Support Specialist
Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to provide various support services to the Commercial Credit Department such as; note and collateral documentation, collateral perfection and renewals, system loan bookings, line advances and loan maintenance. Prepare, assist in and/or distribute portfolio management and oversight reporting. Provides customer support services to Commercial borrowers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- In accordance with credit approval, prepare or coordinate with closing attorneys the preparation of applicable loan and collateral documentation and loan disbursements. Complete associated functions such as; commitment letters, flood searches, credit reports, appraisal and environmental ordering, UCC searches, verification of borrower organizational status and filings. Verify that approval conditions, terms/covenants and pre-closing items have been met and/or included in closing documentation for on-going monitoring.
- Post-closing, books loan to core system, ensures all payoffs (internal and external) are processed, all documentation has been received by the bank, collateral items are sent for perfection in applicable public records, placed in applicable internal tickler systems (to ensure perfected records are received back and for future renewals), create or expand customer’s electronic credit file by scanning documents to same.
- Process loan payments, line advances, loan payoffs, line renewals and other loan maintenance items.
- Administer and maintain processes, payments and remittances for floor plan lending, participation loans sold and purchased, Fund Ex and Banker’s Health Group programs.
- Administer and maintain controls and processes for collateral perfection, renewals, terminations and modifications.
- Administer the annual review process for existing borrowing customers. Identifies applicable annual review dates by borrower relationship, sends financial information request letters, following up upon non-submissions with follow up letters or coordination with lenders. Provides financial information received to Commercial Credit Department Manager for assignment. Provides applicable reporting to Bank Management and Lenders.
- Administer and/or assist in portfolio management practices by preparing various management reports and/or distributing reports such as; commercial pipeline reports, delinquencies, maturities, SBA reporting, exceptions, covenant and annual review tracking and NAICS coding and reporting.
- Ensure workflows are completed in a timely and quality manner meeting all departmental, bank and regulatory requirements.
- Address and/or assists in resolution of Regulatory, Compliance and Internal Audit findings.
- Manages, maintains and balances assigned general ledger accounts.
- Develop, update and maintain current applicable workflow procedures.
- Provide customer service to commercial borrowers.
- Maintain self-current in all areas of responsibilities.
- Departmental or inter-department projects.
- Provide back-up for Consumer, Residential and HELOC operations and support areas.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, U.S. PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Position:
Educational Requirements: 2 Year Degree in Paralegal Studies, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
Experience Required: Without paralegal training 1 year commercial operations, note and collateral documentation experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Commercial & Industrial, Investor Real Estate and Agricultural lending.
- Basic knowledge of note and collateral documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, written and oral communication skills. Possess the ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees, staff, management, vendors and customers/prospects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to be proactive and positive in a constantly changing and highly regulated environment.
- Good knowledge and proficiency level in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Detail-oriented and efficient, with strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
- Contribute to building a positive company spirit, display passion and optimism, inspire respect and trust, and uphold the company values.