Community Events Coordinator
Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to provide support for the goals of the Company through community outreach, event planning, and engagement of Company employees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicit volunteers, sponsors, vendors and participants for events as appropriate.
- Create and maintain community event calendar.
- Event coordinator for companywide functions (i.e., office anniversaries, office grand openings, business after hours, golf tournaments, etc.).
- Attend community events as a representative of the company
- Coordinate private company events (i.e., dinners, training day, charity days, etc.)
- Adhere to an Events budget; eventually informing the budget process for future years.
- Manage and organize events for affiliated/supported not-for-profits.
- Drive volunteerism and involvement in our communities.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner and exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization inside and outside the work environment.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, U.S. PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Position:
- Degree or equivalent certification in Marketing, Hospitality Management, Event Management or other relevant degree
- A minimum of one year of experience as an event coordinator or similar experience.
- Must show a willingness to accept responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Job requires participation in community activities as a representative of the Company.
- Personal means of transportation required.
- Passion for events planning and community involvement.
- Ability to be proactive and positive in a constantly changing and highly regulated environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Detail-oriented and efficient, with strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Contribute to building a positive company spirit, display passion and optimism, inspire respect and trust, and uphold the company values.
- Has a strong sense of community and has ties to Finger Lakes area.