12 questions with Lisa Bender
1. What is your job title? Briefly describe what you do all day.
I am the service lead of the Farmington office, I help customers in the office and on the phone with everyday banking questions and problems.
2. What’s the best thing about your job or role at the bank?
I love helping the customers! It’s gratifying to help solve financial problems that will better our customer’s lives.
3. What does your workspace look like?
The Farmington office is not like your traditional bank, it’s a technology driven office with Interactive Teller Machines (ITM’s), a smart office and an open floor plan without the traditional teller line. It may be a non- traditional bank office but it’s really easy to use and I’m always here to help.
4. How long have you worked at Generations?
Just about 2 ½ years now!
5. What motivates you to wake up and go to work?
Knowing I can make an impact in someone’s life.
6. What do you like to do when you’re not at the office?
I love spending time with my kids and husband. Especially in the summer time when we can hang out on the boat!
7. What inspires you?
My children inspire me every day. I strive to be a good role model for them!
8. What’s something on your bucket list you haven’t done yet?
I’ve always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride!
9. What’s something that would surprise people about you?
I’m handy! I do a lot of DYI projects around the house and get satisfaction from fixing or remodeling something myself.
10. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Treat others the way you want to be treated!
11. Your favorite place you’ve traveled to and why?
I really enjoyed my trip to Mexico. First of all, the food was amazing. Plus, the overall ambience was really great.
12. What genre of music do you listen to?
I have an eclectic taste! I listen to R&B hip hop, some country, some oldies. It really just depends on the setting and my mood!