Insurance Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
To service clients and solicit insurance policies. Ideal candidate will have excellent relationship building skills, a great sense of humor and a love for helping people. Salary plus commission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports agency manager/senior agent with scheduling and developing new business opportunities.
- Assists in collection of client personal and business information for applications and renewals.
- Markets policy applications to various companies to obtain competitive products and pricing.
- Prepares professional proposal and renewal packages which support customer retention and agency profitability.
- Prepares Certificates of Insurance, orders Loss Runs, processes Cancellation Requests.
- Provides Business customers with claims service and reporting.
- Processes changes and endorsements to commercial lines policies
- Records policy information and account activities into our Agency Management System (Applied – EPIC)
- Assists with various marketing efforts attending community events, supporting sales initiatives with mail merge and conducting market research
- Perform all actions relating to the public, individuals and companies, in a manner that will avoid potential errors and omissions
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, U.S. PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements of Position:
Education Requirements: Associates Degree is preferred. Minimally, a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience Required: Prior experience in a direct customer service role. Experience with a CRM/Customer Database.
Licensing: New York State Insurance Agents or Brokers License or a NYS P&C License must be obtained within one year of employment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a pleasant and professional appearance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Must show a willingness to accept responsibilities in a professional manner and demonstrate the capability of handling confidential information.