Loan Processing Specialist
Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
Provides various loan and customer processing and servicing functions for the Consumer, Residential Mortgage, Home Equity and purchased loan portfolios. Ensures each transaction adheres to the loan policy and applicable government regulations. Provides loan maintenance, payments, draws and payoff processing services as well as handling monthly remittances, as applicable.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares Loan Estimate and disclosures and provides to borrower within 3 days of application.
- Reviews documents received from borrower and requests any missing documentation needed for a complete file.
- Orders services such as flood cert, tax transcripts, etc.
- Provides commitment letter and engagement letter to bank attorney and advises to order title; sends commitment letter to borrower and orders appraisal.
- Follows up with borrower and attorney, as needed.
- Provides verification of employment, rent, etc. and any re-verification.
- Coordinates with bank attorney/branch for closing date.
- Prepares Closing Disclosure to provide to borrower at least 3 days prior to closing; verifies borrower receipt of the Closing Disclosure.
- Prepares and verifies closing documents for Consumer, Residential Mortgage, and Home Equity loans and sends the package to the attorney/branch.
- Scans documents to customer E-File/Encompass file.
- Does departmental maintenance as needed, including, but not limited to payments, payment reversals, file maintenance, ACH/AFT set up, process Loss Mitigation transactions.
- Reports and remittances, as needed.
- Departmental projects.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, U.S. PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience Required: 1 year operations and Consumer, Residential and Home Equity loan documentation experience.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Consumer, Residential and Home Equity lending.
- Basic knowledge of collateral documentation and customer servicing.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees, management, vendors and customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be proactive and positive in a constantly changing and highly regulated environment.
- Detail oriented and efficient, with strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi task and manage deadlines.
- Contribute to building a positive company spirit, display passion and optimism, inspire respect and trust and uphold the company values.