Loan Servicing Specialist
Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
Provides various loan and customer processing and servicing functions for the Consumer, Residential Mortgage, Home Equity and purchased loan portfolios. Ensures each transaction adheres to the loan policy and applicable government regulations. Provides loan maintenance, payments, draws and payoff processing services as well as handling monthly remittances, as applicable.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete data entry to OSI (core system) for Consumer and Home Equity loans and uploads from the Encompass Mortgage system Residential Mortgage to OSI and ensures all data entry is accurate.
- Receives executed closing package from the attorney and/or bank office and ensure all documents are completed and executed correctly.
- Follows up for trailing documents, ex. recorded mortgage, final title policy and MV900
- Disburses loan proceeds
- Responsible for follow up on collateral perfections, renewals, releases and updating tickler systems
- Responsible for Hazard/Flood insurance policy coverages and follow up
- Scans documents to customer E-File, copy documentation from the Encompass file to customer e-file
- Process construction loan draws; to include request for title re-date and preparation of affidavit for draw
- Convert construction loan to permanent mortgage at the completion of draw period
- For government guaranteed loans, submit approved loans to appropriate agency for USDA, FHA, and VA review and acceptance
- Does departmental maintenance as needed, including, but not limited to payments, payment reversals, file maintenance, ACH/AFT set up, process Loss Mitigation transactions
- Completes HMDA Wiz, verifying certain fields are correct from upload; entering loans manually for those not uploaded directly to HMDA Wiz.
- Reports and remittances, as needed
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience Required: A minimum of one year operations experience or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and experience in Residential, HELOC and Consumer lending.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, written and oral communication skills. Possess the ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees, staff, management, vendors and customers/prospects.
- Ability to be proactive and positive in a constantly changing and highly regulated environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Detail-oriented and efficient, with strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
- Contribute to building a positive company spirit, display passion and optimism, inspire respect and trust, and uphold the company values.