Loan Servicing Specialist
Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
Provides various loan and customer processing and servicing functions for the Consumer, Residential Mortgage, and Home Equity and purchased loan portfolios. Ensures each transaction adheres to the loan policy and applicable government regulations. Provides loan maintenance, payments, draws and payoff processing services as well as handling monthly remittances, as applicable.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete data entry to OSI (core system) for Consumer and Home Equity loans and uploads from the Encompass Mortgage system Residential Mortgage to OSI and ensures all data entry is accurate.
- Receives executed closing package from the attorney and/or bank office and ensure all documents are completed and executed correctly.
- Follows up for trailing documents, ex. recorded mortgage, final title policy and MV900.
- Disburses loan proceeds.
- Scans documents to customer E-File.
- Process construction loan draws; to include request for title re-date and preparation of affidavit for draw.
- Convert construction loan to permanent mortgage at the completion of draw period.
- For government guaranteed loans, submit to appropriate agency for insurance.
- Does departmental maintenance as needed, including, but not limited to payments, payment reversals, file maintenance, ACH/AFT set up, process Loss Mitigation transactions.
- Completes HMDA Wiz, verifying certain fields are correct from upload; entering loans manually for those not uploaded directly to HMDA Wiz.
- Reports and remittances, as needed.
- Departmental projects.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, U.S. PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience Required:1 year operations experience or equivalent. Basic knowledge of collateral documentation and customer servicing.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Consumer, Residential and Home Equity lending.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees, management, vendors and customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be proactive and positive in a constantly changing and highly regulated environment.
- Detail oriented and efficient, with strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi task and manage deadlines.
- Contribute to building a positive company spirit, display passion and optimism, inspire respect and trust and uphold the company values.