Seneca Falls, NY or Farmington, NY
About the Role
As assigned, the position is to manage the underwriting workflows and regulatory requirements of Residential Mortgages, HELOCs and Consumer loan products. Complete underwritings, reaching an approval, declined, withdrawn or counter offer decision. Ensures all applicable underwriting and system data entries are correctly input and maintained current with internal and regulatory data needs. Adhere to applicable policies and procedures. As assigned, maintain and distribute management reports such as exception reporting, closings, pipelines and turn-around time reports. As assigned, reconcile assigned GL accounts. Handle other credit requests such as collateral subordination's and releases.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, reviews and underwriters all Residential and Consumer Loan application requests. Ensures package(s) are complete, adhering to banks standard process flows and turn-time service standards. Also, addressing any incomplete applications under Regulation B, as applicable. Underwrites to comply with bank policies and procedures, as well as all federal regulatory requirements, ensuring internally, that all Fair Lending, Civil Service Relief Act, Flood, RESPA , 3rd party government requirements (FHA) and internal procedures are being adhered to
- Determines any conditional items are applicable to loan type and orders items such as; appraisal, title work, flood search, etc.
- Inputs all necessary data into applicable lending system for tracking and regulatory purposes.
- For residential mortgages, including home equity loans and lines of credit, prepares all commitment letters.
- For declination's, withdrawals and counter offers ensure applicable data is entered into systems for tracking and regulatory purposes. Prepares applicable customer letter.
- As assigned, manages and reconciles assigned General Ledger accounts.
- Handles other credit requests such as Loan Purchase Programs, Student Loans, collateral subordination's, modifications and releases.
- As assigned, maintains necessary departmental policies, procedures and practices. Provides training and support to applicable parties for proper adherence.
- Maintain self-current in all applicable areas of responsibilities.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, U.S. PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements.
- Educational Requirements: Four Year College degree in related field or directly equivalent work experience.
- Experience Required: A minimum of three years loan underwriting experience with credit authority.
- Certification Required: FHA Certified Underwriter
- Strong knowledge and experience in Residential, HELOC and Consumer lending.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, written and oral communication skills. Possess the ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees, staff, management, vendors and customers/prospects.
- Ability to be proactive and positive in a constantly changing and highly regulated environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Detail-oriented and efficient, with strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
- Contribute to building a positive company spirit, display passion and optimism, inspire respect and trust, and uphold the company values.