Customer Contact Specialist
Seneca Falls, NY
About the Role
The Customer Service Specialist will professionally handle customer transaction (phone, email, ITM, chat) requests in a timely, positive, and helpful manner. This person will perform various financial transactions and proactively educate customers on products and services that will meet their financial needs. This should be done in a timely, friendly, and satisfactory manner thereby delivering the best customer service to our current customers, potential customers, vendors, outside agencies and employee staff. Must be able to take initiative, accept responsibility, and work independently as well as being aware of, and part of a team environment. Have a high regard for detail, sensitivity/confidentiality regarding customer account information, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt, accurate, concise and courteous responses to customers.
- Take initiative to identify problems, research, rectify and assist in finding resolution to resolve customer concerns and deliver recommendations.
- Build customer relationships.
- A high level of professionalism, flexibility and initiative.
- Exercise good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Process customer transactions accurately providing a high attention to detail.
- Act as liaison to customer and branch/support departments.
- Work in Retail Offices if and as assigned
- Provide department/team support and coverage.
- Must be able to work in the Friday close and the Saturday rotation schedule
- Represents the Company in a professional manner and exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization inside and outside the work environment.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of Management and Department staff.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, U.S. PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements.
- All other duties as assigned
Requirements of Position:
- A high school diploma or GED is required; a college degree or commensurate work experience preferred.
- 1 -2 years teller experience and/or training preferred.
- Financial Institution experience preferred.
- Required background in customer service and sales.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment and be detail oriented.
- Be self-motivated, and possess a pleasant personality
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations with customers
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective in both written and oral form, and be able to sell products and services effectively
- Ability to use Word for Windows, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Ability to interpret and comply with all banking regulations and compliance standards
- Protect information, maintain integrity and keep high standards
- Recognize the value of relationships. Build & maintain relationships with internal and external customers